Hay Plains. Hay

Town of Hay has many fine examples of colonial era public buildings architecture. Region is also known for very large shearing sheds, large scale crop production including cotton and very good examples of ‘outback’ style settings with long straight roads to the horizon.  The local river provides excellent locations for watersports and widlife.

Hay Shire Council

88267324Dubbo-Zoo-420x0

Taronga Western Plains Zoo. Dubbo

Dubbo, home to Taronga Western Plains Zoo, is only an hour by air from Sydney, five to six hours by car, and seven hours by train. Just don’t forget to explore historical Dubbo itself. http://www.taronga.org.au/taronga-western-plains-zoo/visitor-information/plan-your-visit-taronga-western-plains-zoo-dubbo

Dubbo City Council

 

 

 

 

Harden Cinema. Harden

Old disused cinema located in quiet side street of Harden. Town of Harden is a centre of major grain production in NSW. Wide streets, mix of 19th and 20th century era shops. Many disused old era shops. Nearby Murrumburrah (2 kms away)

Harden Shire Council

L_CEHgPjG_2

Southern Cross Cinema. Young

Located in the town of Young. Shopping area architecture mainly from 1950′s to modern day. Some very good period buildings particularly the working Deco era cinema and Town Hall.

Young Shire Council

Weddin Mountains National Park. Grenfell

This striking crescent of cliffs and ridged gullies is reputed to be a bushrangers’ haunt — Ben Halls cave is named for one of the area’s most infamous rogues. Any trip to Weddin Mountains National Park can’t help but include a scenic drive. On a clear day, the mountain can be seen rising above the landscape from over 50 km away. Watching it gradually loom ever closer is one of the real treats of a visit to the park.
The journey around the base of the mountain en route to the major visitor destinations such as Holy Camp or Ben Halls camping ground and picnic area is a striking feature ideally suited to both bicycle and car touring.

Weddin Shire Council

Coombing Park Homestead. Carcoar

Coombing Park is a fully operational 7500-acre cattle station using organic, holistic farming methods, which promote the regeneration of native pastures and the preservation of Australian wildlife.Relax amid the peace and tranquility of grand surroundings. Enjoy the traditional hospitality and elegant accommodation.Breathe in the serenity, admire the expansive views and wander through extensive gardens and the nearby Australian bush or enjoy a relaxing picnic accompanied by the sounds of nearby Coombing Creek.

Blayney Shire Council

L_WSaPx4i_1L_WSaPx4i_3L_WSaPx4i_4

Old mine shaft. Wellington

Located right alongside the internationally acclaimed Wellington Caves & Phosphate Mine, the Phosphate Mine is a completely restored underground mine. From the moment you put on a hard hat, you enter a new world at one of the State’s most intriguing tourist attractions. The mine not only features the workings of a World War 1 mine, but bone fragments and fossils from 300,000 years ago. Paleontologists from all over the world have been making pilgrimages to this cave since the 1930s and now you can too!

Wellington Council

L_YW6kLFB_1

Balmoral House. Parkes

Victorian era mansion. Historic late 19thC home in suburban street of Parkes.  Balmoral House – one of the oldest houses in Parkes, built from proceeds of the gold mining in the Parkes area, in the late 1800′s.

Parkes Shire Council

Duntryleague Country Club. OrangeDuntryleague Country Club. OrangeDuntryleague Country Club. OrangeDuntryleague Country Club. OrangeDuntryleague Country Club. OrangeDuntryleague Country Club. Orange

Duntryleague Country Club. Orange

Duntryleague Golf Course is a championship 18 hole layout measuring 5,976 metres from the back markers with extensive plantings of European trees. Club house is outstanding example of grand Victorian era architecture. Located on Woodward Street, only minutes from the CBD of Orange and approximately 260 kilometres West of Sydney.

Orange City Council

800px-BlastfurnacelithgowBlast Funace 2Blast Funace 1

Blast furnace ruins. Lithgow

A monument to Lithgow’s industrial history. It was here that the first iron and the first steel in Australia were cast.
William Sandford established the blast furnace in 1886 and it continued production until 1928 when the entire industry was moved to Port Kembla.
The site has now been developed as a park around the remains of the pump house and the foundations of the furnace.

Lithgow City Council