OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Iandra Station and Mount Oriel Homestead. Greenthorpe

The property of Iandra was purchased by Mr. Greene in 1878 and consisted of 32,000 ac (13,000 Ha). In 1880 he commenced building his first house, of bricks fired on the property.  In 1908 he commenced the conversion of this single storey brick house to a two-storey reinforced concrete building on the same foundations. During this period he built the reinforced concrete stables, water tower with silo beneath, filtration plant, sheds, and 40 houses for the sharefarmers.

Young Shire Council.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Historic Building. Young

Now Young High School. Before – Young District Court House.  Built in 1886, now part of Young High School. Shortly after construction finished it was known as the “white elephant on the hill”, as it stood out and was rarely used. The Roman numerals show the building dated as 1884.

Young Council

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Historic Building. Young

Now: South West Regional Library.  Before: School of Arts.

Young Council.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Historic Buildings. Young

Now: Bagwanna & Gerrard Real Estate and LJ Hooker Real Estate, Before:Commonwealth Bank of Australia.  Built in 1886.

Young Council

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Historic Building. Young

NSW Government Offices.

Young Council

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Church. Young

Victorian Gothic in style is built of granite opened in 1876.  The building is cruciform, with a handsome spire over 108 feet in height from the base course. The side walls are 19 feet high, and the ridge of the roof about 42 feet from the ground. On each side there are five double windows, with a triplicate window in each side gable. 

Young Shire Council.

Canowindra Building 1

Double Story Brick Building. Canowindra

Double storey brick property, free standing with verandah that runs the whole way around the building.

Cabonne Council

Church. Canowindra

Large and High standing Church, located at the top of a hill with well maintained rose gardens. Situated directly next to the local school.

Cabonne Council

Cumnock BuildingCumnock Building1

Old Bank Building. Cumnock

Large old bank building located in the main street of a rural town, is now utilised as private residence. Building has large working clock above big double green entry doors and hanging entry light above the main entrance.

Cabonne Council.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

St Mark’s Anglican Church. Monteagle

The village of Monteagle was originally known as Bulla Creek, an outstation to the station of Burrangong. St Mark’s Church at Monteagle is one of the enduring landmarks of the village.