The property of Iandra was purchased by Mr. Greene in 1878 and consisted of 32,000 ac (13,000 Ha). In 1880 he commenced building his first house, of bricks fired on the property. In 1908 he commenced the conversion of this single storey brick house to a two-storey reinforced concrete building on the same foundations. During this period he built the reinforced concrete stables, water tower with silo beneath, filtration plant, sheds, and 40 houses for the sharefarmers.
Young Shire Council.
Brightly coloured tree lined street, shows the brilliance of change in seasons in a small country town.
Located on Prospect Creek with scenic water views and glimpses of the historic Lansdowne Bridge.
Superb example of the era.
Property in original condition including furnishings and excellent collection of outbuildings. Located close to Dubbo. Also shearing shed of same era adjacent.
Dubbo City Council