The Courthouse (circa 1880) faces Russell Street and is Neo-Classical with an octagonal Renaissance dome. It was designed by colonial architect James Barnet and is superbly situated in the heart of the city.
Bathurst’s most distinguished public building, it is regarded by the National Trust as ‘one of Australia’s finest examples of Victorian public architecture’. Building faces north.
Bathurst Regional Council