Iandra Station and Mount Oriel Homestead. Greenthorpe

The property of Iandra was purchased by Mr. Greene in 1878 and consisted of 32,000 ac (13,000 Ha). In 1880 he commenced building his first house, of bricks fired on the property.  In 1908 he commenced the conversion of this single storey brick house to a two-storey reinforced concrete building on the same foundations. During this period he built the reinforced concrete stables, water tower with silo beneath, filtration plant, sheds, and 40 houses for the sharefarmers.

Young Shire Council.


Corner of Iandra Road and Tyagong Hall Road, GreenthorpeCorner of Iandra Road and Tyagong Hall Road, Greenthorpe

Who to contact

Rod & Bev Kershaw
02 63839241

Report problems with this contact information

Be the first to leave a comment